The goal was to create the lightest, strongest 7000 cubic inch alpine hunting backpack for the sheep and goat hunter. The result is the new Terminus, weighing in at less than four pounds. By sewing the bag directly to the frame and incorporating an internal load cell, we built this alpine workhorse to get your gear into high country. Using proven SG frame geometry and load capability, we built this pack with plenty of room to get that gear—and meat—back out.
To minimize excess leverage and maximize load placement, the 2200 cubic inch internal load cell positions the meat next to the frame and closest to your center of gravity. This design leaves 4800 cubic inches of usable space to load your gear for the pack out. Two drain holes in the bottom of the main bag prevent blood from pooling inside the load cell.
A cutting-edge Stone Glacier ULTRA fabric blend is used for the main bag. This innovative fabric was created in collaboration with Challenge Sailcloth and features ultra high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) – a fiber that is 15x stronger than steel per unit of weight – blended with high-tenacity polyester. The fabric is then laminated with a waterproof film for protection from the elements. The result is a material that offers exceptional abrasion and tear resistance while remaining ultralight – ideal for alpine hunting where every ounce counts. X-Pac® is used for the frame and suspension. Both X-Pac® and SG/Challenge Sailcloth ULTRA are waterproof fabrics, though pack seams are not sealed.
We designed the internal load cell to carry the boned-out meat of medium-sized game. For those who prefer to carry out meat bone-in or wish to change to different bags on a frame, the SG Evo and Xcurve might be better options.
FEATURES & SPECS
- 3 lbs. 15 oz.
- 7000 cubic inch main bag
- 4300 cubic inch main bag in bivy-mode
- 500 cubic inch lid (included)
- 2200 cubic inch collapsible internal load cell
- Internal frame / bag is sewn directly to frame
- 26” frame height
- Carbon composite stays / 4 total
- 150+ pound load rating
- Internal spotting scope pocket
- Belt attachments
- 30” side zip access panel
- New SG ULTRA fabric and X-Pac® fabric
- Heavy-Duty YKK® #10 zipper
- Heavy-duty, 1” Duraflex® military-approved buckles and webbing
- Made in the USA
WAIST BELT SIZES
Small 28" - 30"
Large 37" +
Exchanges & Returns
We offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee for purchases on StoneGlacier.com and the SG Mobile App. You have 30 days from the date of purchase to return any of our products for a refund of the cost of products purchased or an exchange for a different size. Products must still be new with original tags, unused, unwashed, and without any physical damage, stains, etc. If you purchased a pack, we suggest you fit it properly upon receiving it by loading the pack with 30lbs. - 40lbs. to ensure it is comfortable, fits properly, and meets your expectations.
Stone Glacier provides free exchanges for purchases on StoneGlacier.com and the SG Mobile App.
- You will be required to provide your order number and email to create an exchange.
- Once an exchange is approved, we will email you a shipping label free of charge.(Please check your Spam/Junk mail if it does not show up in your inbox)
- International exchanges are not eligible for Stone Glacier shipping labels and must provide their own carrier.
- INITIATE AN EXCHANGE
- You will be required to provide your order number and email to create a return.
- You may choose to print a FedEx return label for $12 (deducted from your refund) or you may use your own carrier.
- International returns are not eligible for Stone Glacier shipping labels and must provide their own carrier.
- INITIATE A RETURN
Stone Glacier products have a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, accidents, loss, theft, improper care or cleaning, non-standard usage, or negligence. Please call or email us at the below contact information for any warranty related questions or issues. Proof of the original purchase may be required with any warranty request.
**Please Note: tears, punctures, burns, and damage from dogs or other animals are not covered under warranty. Additionally, tears, punctures, and burns are not classified as defects in materials.
- INITIATE A WARRANTY/REPAIR REQUEST by emailing Repairs@StoneGlacier.com
Phone: (406) 404-0641
When fitting a Stone Glacier Pack, there are three things we look for in a perfect fit. (A) First, we always want the belt centered on the tip of your hip bone. Belt positioning can be altered by adjusting the attachment height of the shoulder straps. (B) Next, we want to make sure the shoulder straps make solid contact with the backside of our shoulders. (C) If a gap is present between the shoulder strap and shoulder, it often can be eliminated by loosening the load lifters. Lastly, we want to aim for the color transition on the shoulder straps (D) to land on, or close to, your collarbone. Placement can be altered with a combination of adjusting the attachment height of the shoulder straps on the frame sheet and loosening of load lifters.
SG Founder and Lead Designer Kurt Racicot walks us through how to properly fit a Stone Glacier backpack.