Bag only option available - Learn More
Designed for the hunter who likes to go deep with a minimal amount of gear, the 2800 will get you where you want to be. And thanks to the increased volume over the Avail 2200, you can stay there for a multi-day hunt. The full-panel zipper allows easy access while two internal zippered pockets keep that gear organized. A large spotting scope pocket accommodates objective lenses up to 115mm.
SPECS & FEATURES
- 1 lb. 5 oz. (bag only)
- 4 lbs. 1.3 oz. on Krux Frame w/ medium belt
- 4 lbs. 5.3 oz. on Xcurve Frame w/ medium belt
- 2800 cubic inches
- 2,500+ cubic inch expandable load-shelf
- Spotting scope pocket fits up to 115mm objective
- Tripod attachment system
- Full-panel zip
- Two internal organizational pockets, 200 cubic inches each
- Open side pocket, left side
- Tripod foot pocket
- 150+ pound load rating
- Cordura 500® and Xpac® fabric
- Heavy-duty YKK® #10 zipper
- Heavy-duty, 1” Duraflex® military-approved buckles and webbing
- Made in the USA
Small - 28" - 30"
Medium - 31"- 36"
Large - 37" +
A Load-Shelf is integrated into all of our frames, allowing the user to expand the bag off the frame to pack gear or meat in between the bag and the frame. This eliminates the need to put meat inside the bag and keeps the heaviest of loads more stable and closer to your back for increased comfort.
Selecting a Belt Size
Belt sizes align with average pant waist sizes. If you are on the break between sizes, we suggest ordering the larger of the two sizes. All belts will fit larger waist sizes, but not smaller than the advertised range. Below is our waist belt sizing chart for reference:
WAIST BELT SIZES
Small 28" - 30"
Medium 31"- 36"
Large 37" +>
Interchangeable bags and Frames
All past and current Stone Glacier bags and frames are interchangeable. This allows you to swap bags on and off your frame for different hunts you may have without requiring the purchase of a whole new bag and frame system. Many Stone Glacier customers own one frame with a smaller day bag, and a larger expedition-sized bag to have a system for day hunts and backpack hunts. When viewing our packs on the website, you will notice a "bag only" purchase option if this is something you are considering.
The overall goal was to build a durable load carrying pack, an ultralight pack without using ultralight materials. Stone Glacier packs are constructed of 500 denier Cordura fabric, X-Pac textiles and heavy duty webbing and buckles. X-Pac is a waterproof, USA manufactured fabric technology that has a tear strength double the military requirements for Cordura 500d and is used in the high stress, high wear areas. Cordura 500d is utilized for the main bag due to its balance of strength, flexibility, and noise reduction. The thread is a heavy duty, military grade UV resistant #92 thread. Buckles are Duraflex Berry Compliant heavy-duty military hardware. In every aspect, the most durable, technical, heavy duty materials were selected.
We spent over 3 years of design and field testing with loads from 70 to 150 pounds without any structural issues to accomplish our goal. Here's how we tried to break the frame...Starting with 1-inch steel plates 13” by 25”, we worked our way up to four plates in the pack. Each plate weighed about 85 pounds, 40 pounds per square foot. When it was time to add the third and fourth plate, we welded the plates together, lifted them with a crane, wrapped the Solo 3300 around the plates, and set it back down on the edge of the welding bench where we could get it on our back. The final load weight was 340 pounds with no damage, failure, or signs of stress. While the goal of testing to failure was not accomplished, the load test did prove the 150 pound plus load rating structurally conservative.
Hydrophobic foam, X-Pac fabric, Cordura 500d fabric and industrial hook and loop combine to provide a suspension with infinite adjustment and comfort. Using hook and loop for the shoulder harness attachment allows the user to not only dial in the exact height of the harness but change the angle each shoulder strap leaves the frame. This industrial hook and loop is rated at 17 pounds per square inch, 25% greater than standard velcro. Each shoulder strap has 24 square inches of contact, for a shear strength of 408 pounds per shoulder strap equalling over 800 pounds shear strength for both shoulder straps. The ultimate in adjustability and strength. The unique "X", carbon and titanium composite, four stay design transfers load evenly to the hip belt while offering optimum load lifter angles. The load is supported by 12 connection points to the frame via 1" webbing. Our frame systems have revolutionized the standard of pack frame comfort and fitting ability.
All Stone Glacier packs have two ¾” tri-slides to hang our Hydro Sleeve on the inside back panel. The Hydro Sleeve can hold up to a 3-liter water bladder. Once the Hydro Sleeve is installed, simply insert your water bladder into the Hydro sleeve and run the hose out the top. Hydration hoses can then be run through the hydration port found at the top of all Stone Glacier bags and routed down either the left or right shoulder strap.
Made in the USA
All Stone Glacier packs and accessories are proudly made in the USA. Not only do we manufacture our products in the United States but where applicable we also use materials and components that are Made in the USA. Our Head Quarters shop is located in Bozeman, MT where all Stone Glacier products are assembled, inspected, packaged and shipped by Stone Glacier employees.
If you still have questions, please feel free to contact Stone Glacier Customer Service at 406.404.0641 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are 8 am - 4 pm Monday - Friday. You can also stop by our showroom located at 608 W Griffin Dr., Unit A, Bozeman, MT 59715.
Exchanges & Returns
We offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee for purchases on StoneGlacier.com and the SG Mobile App. You have 30 days from the date of purchase to return any of our products for a refund of the cost of products purchased or an exchange for a different size. Products must still be new with original tags, unused, unwashed, and without any physical damage, stains, etc. If you purchased a pack, we suggest you fit it properly upon receiving it by loading the pack with 30lbs. - 40lbs. to ensure it is comfortable, fits properly, and meets your expectations.
Stone Glacier provides free exchanges for purchases on StoneGlacier.com and the SG Mobile App.
- You will be required to provide your order number and email to create an exchange.
- Once an exchange is approved, we will email you a shipping label free of charge.(Please check your Spam/Junk mail if it does not show up in your inbox)
- International exchanges are not eligible for Stone Glacier shipping labels and must provide their own carrier.
- INITIATE AN EXCHANGE
- You will be required to provide your order number and email to create a return.
- You may choose to print a FedEx return label for $12 (deducted from your refund) or you may use your own carrier.
- International returns are not eligible for Stone Glacier shipping labels and must provide their own carrier.
- INITIATE A RETURN
Stone Glacier products have a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, accidents, loss, theft, improper care or cleaning, non-standard usage, or negligence. Please call or email us at the below contact information for any warranty related questions or issues. Proof of the original purchase may be required with any warranty request.
**Please Note: tears, punctures, burns, and damage from dogs or other animals are not covered under warranty. Additionally, tears, punctures, and burns are not classified as defects in materials.
- INITIATE A WARRANTY/REPAIR REQUEST by emailing Repairs@StoneGlacier.com
Phone: (406) 404-0641
Stone Glacier products are designed with an athletic fit to provide the highest level of performance in the field. Use the sizing chart below to help guide you to the appropriately sized garment. Note, the De Havilland Pants incorporate our patented Contour™ Waist System which provides approximately 3 inches of waist adjustment to create an exact fit.
How to Find Your Measurements:
Note: Calculate your body measurements, then select your product size. If your measurements are between sizes, select a larger size for a looser fit or a smaller size for a tighter fit.
- Measured Chest: With arms relaxed at your sides, measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measured Sleeve: With arm relaxed at your side and slightly bent, measure from center back neck, across the shoulder to elbow and down to the wrist.
- Measured Belt Line: Measure around your waist at the point in which your pants typically ride.
- Measured Inseam: From a standing position, measure from your crotch down the inside leg to the floor.
Nearly all Stone Glacier pants feature our patented Contour Waist™ system, which allows for three inches of waist adjustment. Additionally, SG pants are sized accordingly for layering. If you wear a large in our base layers, you will also wear a large in other SG layers. If you are still unsure of what size pants to buy, measure your waist and reference the "Measured Belt Line" chart below.
Proper Fit & Use:
Our patented Contour Waist™ System is designed to provide an exact fit around your waist. No more buying pants that are slightly too large or don’t fit quite right. As well, this system allows you to adjust the waist size of your pants to allow for a proper fit when layering base layers or insulation bottoms underneath. To adjust the Contour Waist, follow the below steps:
Note: Proper fit is best achieved by adjusting the Contour Waist while wearing the pants.
- Unfasten the top buckle attachment and unzip the zipper fly.
- While the zipper fly is unzipped, detach the left side (left as when the wearer is looking down on the zipper fly) of the zipper from the hook and loop pad by pulling it down and away, starting at the top.
- Reattach the zipper fly to the hook and loop pad by starting at the bottom and pressing it firmly and evenly up towards the top. Attaching the zipper at a steeper angle to the left, will adjust the pants smaller. Attaching the zipper further to the right will adjust the pants larger.
- Once the zipper is reattached, zip up the fly as normal and fasten the top buckle, adjusting tension as necessary. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until the proper fit is achieved.
- Once you find your proper fit the zipper fly will work as normal and adjustment does not need to be made again until required when layering or as desired.