Grumman Down Pant
- Weight - 16 oz. (L)
- 15 Denier Pertex® Quantum Shell
- 850+ Fill Power Goose Down
- HyperDRY™ DWR Treated Down
- 100% Traceable RDS Certified Down
- 4.2 oz. of Insulation
- Full-length YKK Zippers
- Fully Opened Leg for Easy On/Off
- Patterned shell textiles for added durability in high wear areas.
- Slim waistline for comfortable layering under pack waist belt.
- Stuff Sack Included
- Size in Stuff Sack: 9” x 4” x 4”
- Complete the kit with the Grumman Goose Down Jacket
Like it’s partner jacket, the Grumman Goose Down Pant was strategically designed to reduce weight and maximize packability for backcountry hunts. We have found down pants to be a game-changing piece of gear in adverse conditions. However, many of the products we have used did not pack well or were nearly impossible to take on and off in the field. Thus, they frequently got left at home. We set out to create a pant with a full-length zip that could pack small enough to remain virtually unnoticed in the pack until used. With 850+ fill power, HyperDRY™ down insulation and a Pertex® Quantum shell textile these pants provide an unbelievable warmth to weight ratio. Add a real full-length side-zip that can be completely opened up at the waist hem and cuff and you now have a truly functional down insulated bottom. Use these once for a long glassing session on top of the mountain, and you’ll never again leave home without them.
Pertex® Quantum uses a tightly woven structure to provide a light and soft fabric that allows insulation to fully loft while also being quiet, windproof, lightweight and packable.
Pertex® Y Fuse fabrics use yarns with unique Y shaped filaments. These filaments create a tightly interlocking structure which improves downproof and water beading properties. The interlocking structure of Y Fuse fabrics remains highly stable over extended wash and wear cycles.
Super DWR is a water repellent finish that maintains its high performance through extended wash and wear cycles.
HyperDRY™ water resistant down is treated with a unique Fluorocarbon Free treatment that adheres to the down cluster that allows down to retain its superior warmth to weight ratio - even when wet.
Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
All down products from Stone Glacier come from an RDS Certified Supplier. We only use down that comes from ducks & geese that were treated ethically.
We offer a "30-Day Money Back Guarantee". You have 30 days from the date of purchase to return any of our products for a full refund or exchange for a different size. Products must still be in new and resalable condition without any physical damage, stains, etc. We suggest upon arrival of your pack you fit it properly, load it with 30lbs - 40lbs and assure it is comfortable, fits properly, and meets your expectations.
Stone Glacier products have a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, accidents, loss, theft, improper care or cleaning, non-standard usage, or negligence. Any issues associated with normal wear and tear can be repaired at a minimal and reasonable charge. Please call or email us at the below contact information for any warranty related questions or issues. Proof of the original purchase may be required with any warranty request.
**Please Note: tears, punctures, burns, and damage from dogs or other animals are not covered under warranty but can be repaired at a minimal charge. Additionally, tears, punctures, and burns are not classified as defects in materials.
Phone: (406) 404-0641
Stone Glacier products are designed with an athletic fit to provide the highest level of performance in the field. Use the sizing chart below to help guide you to the appropriately sized garment. Note, the De Havilland Pants incorporate our patented Contour™ Waist System which provides approximately 3 inches of waist adjustment to create an exact fit.
How to Find Your Measurements:
Note: Calculate your body measurements, then select your product size. If your measurements are between sizes, select a larger size for a looser fit or a smaller size for a tighter fit.
- Measured Chest: With arms relaxed at your sides, measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measured Sleeve: With arm relaxed at your side and slightly bent, measure from center back neck, across the shoulder to elbow and down to the wrist.
- Measured Belt Line: Measure around your waist at the point in which your pants typically ride.
- Measured Inseam: From a standing position, measure from your crotch down the inside leg to the floor.
Nearly all Stone Glacier pants feature our patented Contour Waist™ system, which allows for three inches of waist adjustment. Additionally, SG pants are sized accordingly for layering. If you wear a large in our base layers, you will also wear a large in other SG layers. If you are sure of your traditional waist size and how our products will fit, please reference the "Measured Belt Line" chart below.
Proper Fit & Use:
Our patented Contour Waist™ System is designed to provide an exact fit around your waist. No more buying pants that are slightly too large or don’t fit quite right. As well, this system allows you to adjust the waist size of your pants to allow for a proper fit when layering base layers or insulation bottoms underneath. To adjust the Contour Waist, follow the below steps:
Note: Proper fit is best achieved by adjusting the Contour Waist while wearing the pants.
- Unfasten the top buckle attachment and unzip the zipper fly.
- While the zipper fly is unzipped, detach the left side (left as when the wearer is looking down on the zipper fly) of the zipper from the hook and loop pad by pulling it down and away, starting at the top.
- Reattach the zipper fly to the hook and loop pad by starting at the bottom and pressing it firmly and evenly up towards the top. Attaching the zipper at a steeper angle to the left, will adjust the pants smaller. Attaching the zipper further to the right will adjust the pants larger.
- Once the zipper is reattached, zip up the fly as normal and fasten the top buckle, adjusting tension as necessary. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until the proper fit is achieved.
- Once you find your proper fit the zipper fly will work as normal and adjustment does not need to be made again until required when layering or as desired.
I purchased these pants for a Mule Deer hunt in Montana. They are light, compact and serve their purpose well. Very warm and durable, you forget you have them on. A great piece, for just when you need them. Well worth the price. Great piece of gear.
Light and warm.
Easy way to carry your warmth to your destination. No more sweating!!
Another great product from Stone
These pants are a game changer when stand hunting or glassing. They keep you super warm even on the coldest days. Well worth the money.