Grumman Down Vest
- Weight - 7.2 oz. (L)
- 15 Denier Pertex® Quantum Shell
- 850+ Fill Power Goose Down
- HyperDRY™ DWR Treated Down
- 100% Traceable RDS Certified Down
- 3.05 oz of Insulation
- Streamline Internal Cuff
- Elastic Waist Hem
- YKK Zippers
- Stuff Sack Included
- Size in Stuff Sack: 8” x 4” x 3.5”
- Complete the kit with the Grumman Goose Down Pants
Weighing less than the four Pop Tarts you ate for breakfast, the Grumman Vest shares the same big tech specs as the Grumman Jacket—now in a smaller package. Inside, find 850+ fill treated goose down. Outside, find a 15 denier Pertex® Quantum shell. Use it as an active insulation piece or, when temps plummet and you need to stay behind the glass, pair it with the Grumman jacket for the ultimate warmth combo.
Pertex® Quantum uses a tightly woven structure to provide a light and soft fabric that allows insulation to fully loft while also being quiet, windproof, lightweight and packable.
Pertex® Y Fuse fabrics use yarns with unique Y shaped filaments. These filaments create a tightly interlocking structure which improves downproof and water beading properties. The interlocking structure of Y Fuse fabrics remains highly stable over extended wash and wear cycles.
Super DWR is a water repellent finish that maintains its high performance through extended wash and wear cycles.
HyperDRY™ water resistant down is treated with a unique Fluorocarbon Free treatment that adheres to the down cluster that allows down to retain its superior warmth to weight ratio - even when wet.
Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
All down products from Stone Glacier come from an RDS Certified Supplier. We only use down that comes from ducks & geese that were treated ethically.
We offer a "30-Day Money Back Guarantee". You have 30 days from the date of purchase to return any of our products for a full refund or exchange for a different size. Products must still be in new and resalable condition without any physical damage, stains, etc. We suggest upon arrival of your pack you fit it properly, load it with 30lbs - 40lbs and assure it is comfortable, fits properly, and meets your expectations.
Stone Glacier products have a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, accidents, loss, theft, improper care or cleaning, non-standard usage, or negligence. Any issues associated with normal wear and tear can be repaired at a minimal and reasonable charge. Please call or email us at the below contact information for any warranty related questions or issues. Proof of the original purchase may be required with any warranty request.
**Please Note: tears, punctures, burns, and damage from dogs or other animals are not covered under warranty but can be repaired at a minimal charge. Additionally, tears, punctures, and burns are not classified as defects in materials.
Phone: (406) 404-0641
Stone Glacier products are designed with an athletic fit to provide the highest level of performance in the field. Use the sizing chart below to help guide you to the appropriately sized garment. Note, the De Havilland Pants incorporate our patented Contour™ Waist System which provides approximately 3 inches of waist adjustment to create an exact fit.
How to Find Your Measurements:
Note: Calculate your body measurements, then select your product size. If your measurements are between sizes, select a larger size for a looser fit or a smaller size for a tighter fit.
- Measured Chest: With arms relaxed at your sides, measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measured Sleeve: With arm relaxed at your side and slightly bent, measure from center back neck, across the shoulder to elbow and down to the wrist.
- Measured Belt Line: Measure around your waist at the point in which your pants typically ride.
- Measured Inseam: From a standing position, measure from your crotch down the inside leg to the floor.
Nearly all Stone Glacier pants feature our patented Contour Waist™ system, which allows for three inches of waist adjustment. Additionally, SG pants are sized accordingly for layering. If you wear a large in our base layers, you will also wear a large in other SG layers. If you are sure of your traditional waist size and how our products will fit, please reference the "Measured Belt Line" chart below.
Proper Fit & Use:
Our patented Contour Waist™ System is designed to provide an exact fit around your waist. No more buying pants that are slightly too large or don’t fit quite right. As well, this system allows you to adjust the waist size of your pants to allow for a proper fit when layering base layers or insulation bottoms underneath. To adjust the Contour Waist, follow the below steps:
Note: Proper fit is best achieved by adjusting the Contour Waist while wearing the pants.
- Unfasten the top buckle attachment and unzip the zipper fly.
- While the zipper fly is unzipped, detach the left side (left as when the wearer is looking down on the zipper fly) of the zipper from the hook and loop pad by pulling it down and away, starting at the top.
- Reattach the zipper fly to the hook and loop pad by starting at the bottom and pressing it firmly and evenly up towards the top. Attaching the zipper at a steeper angle to the left, will adjust the pants smaller. Attaching the zipper further to the right will adjust the pants larger.
- Once the zipper is reattached, zip up the fly as normal and fasten the top buckle, adjusting tension as necessary. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until the proper fit is achieved.
- Once you find your proper fit the zipper fly will work as normal and adjustment does not need to be made again until required when layering or as desired.
Grumman Down Vest
6’3” 183lbs 33in waist Coat size: 42 long …size medium fits how I want it to: close/athletic as layered above base and mid-layer. Never gets to stay at home October-April.
Best I’ve Found!!
The Grumman Down Vest is simply AWESOME!! I love the weight to warmth to space ratio it provides. I ordered a size smaller than I typically would get in a jacket or something and that allows a nice fitted fit that will still be perfect for layering or just wearing around town!
Comfy, warm and super light.
I was amazed at how lightweight this vest was when I put it on for the first time. Almost feels like it isn't there. After about 10 minutes of wearing it indoors I started to get warm so I had to take it off. Don't let the weight fool you, this thing is warm! 10/10 would recommend.